Thursday, May 10, 2012

Beaver Pond Journal 2008

Journal entry for July 27, 2008  "Last August I thought it would be interesting to photograph the succession of the pond back to dry land. I accomplished last years panorama by shooting 7 frames that stitched into a 220° panorama of the pond. Today my goal was to photograph a 2008 duplicate of last years panorama.
Found the location where I set up last year, then positioned my tripod as close to last years set up as my memory would allow. I shot three 7 frame series of images under different lighting conditions. This would allow me to use the series with the most pleasing light for the final stitched image."

 Abandoned beaver pond July 27, 2008

Note, my memory was incorrect, the 2007 panorama was shot and assembled with 8 frames not 7 as I shot last week.
Journal entry for August 3, 2008  "Drove on to the abandoned beaver pond just east of Squaw Lake trailhead. Ate a snack while Mary and I waited for the rain to stop. Finally, about 10:45 A.M., the rain ceased and I got set up to shot the panorama of the abandoned beaver pond. This time I decided to use the 50 f1.4 mm lens rather than the zoom lens I used last week and last year. This set up required 8 frames as opposed to 7 frames at 46 mm that I used last weekend. Worked great with the fixed focal length lens, a much better chance of getting a duplicate field of view each year.
 Beaver Pond August 3, 2008
Mary picked blackberries while I shot the panorama, then I helped with the picking. Quite good!

A single frame of the abandoned beaver pond and lodge

Click on any image for a larger version

You can view more of my images on my website

Thanks for visiting my journal, more posts on the way,
Bunch


No comments:

Post a Comment