Sunday, July 22, 2012

Beaver Pond Journal 2011 #3

Journal entry for October 9, 2011  "Arrived at the beaver pond about 12:15 P.M. The autumn colors and reflection were quite beautiful today. Hauled all three of my photo packs the short distance down to the beaver pond at an area adjacent to the repaired section of dam. While setting up my tripod a duck took to wing from the middle of the pond and flew to the far shore where it landed. A female wood duck I believe.
Once I was set up I shot images of the dam and pond from two different perspectives. Also captured an image of the beaver lodge and surrounding portion of the pond reflecting the autumn colors.
Repacked my camera bags then stowed everything back in the truck. While I was repacking Mary was collecting colorful leaves to put in her flower press."
Great day!

Repaired beaver dam

Same set up shot from a higher elevation

Looking directly across the pond from the dam

Click on any image for a larger version

You can view more Adirondack beaver pond images on my website:
bunchlewisphotography.com

More beaver pond journal entries are on the way.
Thanks for visiting my journal,
Bunch

No comments:

Post a Comment