Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Beaver Pond Journal September 26, 1999

"Drove on towards Indian Lake. Stopped at the beaver pond at the side of the road just east of Squaw Lake trailhead. The fall colors on the hillside across the pond and reflection on the pond were quite good. The level of the pond was up since the last time we were here. I got out my compass to check the location of the late afternoon sun. Looked as though this would be a great scene as the sun begins to drop in the western sky. Mary and I decided to be back at the pond about 2:30 P.M. I'd try photographing this landscape with the 4x5 camera, Mary with her 35mm gear.
About 2 P.M. we began the drive back to the beaver pond, arriving at 2:30 P.M. The light looked O.K. so I set up the 4x5 camera to take a look on the ground glass, not bad. Then I added a polarizing filter and an 81B warming filter......WOW! Mary worked with both her Minolta 600si and 7000 bodies and a few different lenses to shoot a number of images while I worked with the 4x5 taking three images."

4x5 Camera Set Up


 The Beaver Pond 35mm

Click on any image for a larger version

Thanks for visiting Bunch's Journal, more beaver pond journal entries are on the way.

You can visit my website for more photos at:

Bunch

No comments:

Post a Comment